Graduation ceremonies are special.
My eldest daughter just had her grade 7 graduation ceremonies last March 20 and we were happy for her, not because she got academic awards but because we know that this event is both an end and a new beginning for her.
So now I ask:
College graduation ceremonies and high school too were both special to me. But my graduation from my elementary school was even more so for the following reasons:
- We were made to wear a fuchsia pink dress. I am not particularly attracted to this color,along with the color orange.
- We had everything ready on the quadrangle. After we marched, it drizzled. And didn’t stop.
- Of course we can’t possibly move this event to another day (sayang ang makeup) so it is a blessing that we are a Paulininan sisters school with ties to the Roman Catholic church which was a few steps away from the campus so off we went to church to continue with the ceremonies.
- Because the ceremonies were combined with the HS class, we had a very looong night ahead of us.
- One of the highlights (for me) was when there was a HS student who got an academic recognition but his parents were no show. Yeah, and to think his younger brother is my classmate made it even worse. If I remember it right, tears were shed then for them.
So there you go. My elementary school graduation.
No, we weren’t sad that we graduated because we know we will still be classmates in HS since we have been classmates since we were in Kinder 😀