This is a sequel to the WQ #17 Ugh. about whether to continue eating or to abandon eating lasagna with pig’s brain in it.
So the WQ#18 is related to this and here it goes:
What were the worst or weird food (for you) that you have ever eaten? What were your reactions?
We have seen people on tv eating bull testicles, big fish eyes, Madagascar Hissing cockroaches and even raw ostrich eggs. Serve these with diet pills and the ideal weight would be achieved in no time. Seriously.
After the WQ#17 post was done, it got me thinking about the things that I have eaten which may not sit well with others. By the way, WP says I edited this first on 11 September, 2008 @ 0:16 by greenbucks
So the following are the things I have eaten as a young girl:
- pig’s brains – has the consistency of soft meat (surprise, surprise, I suddenly remember having this a la omelet, cooked by my father) I loved this then, I don’t know if I would still eat this now.
- sea turtle eggs – these looked like pingpong balls, rough skin but soft (i know, we were not environmentally concerned then (are we now?) and this happened when I was much, much younger) No way will I eat these again because sea turtles are fast becoming extinct.
- frogs – AKA adobong palaka (tastes good, like chicken)
- wild boar meat (which my father’s uncles hunted)- back when the Zambales mountain range is teeming with trees and wildlife, now its almost as barren and brown as the desert during summer. It was a bit difficult to chew, that was what I remember about it.
- dog meat – I didn’t know that it was dog meat that some of my relatives were eating then. I took a few spoonfuls. I can ‘t remember how it was although I must say that my lola’s cooking is great. Am I gonna eat this now? I think not.
So there, what were the weird culinary (delightful or otherwise) that you have sampled? If you asked me if I would be adventurous enough to try these again, I would probably say, “No, thank you.” to three of these.
Share your thoughts here.