We have had the same Christmas tree ornaments for years now. The gold ribbons were made as such 10 Christmases ago. The red ribbons came to be five Christmases ago. The golden stars and beads were collected one after the other.
This year, we have added something new.
Handmade, homemade Christmas decor.
We made handmade paper stockings last week.
This week, we made and hanged these:
Family photos as Christmas tree ornaments.
These make the tree and the special event itself even more special. Isn’t it that the first Christmas was about a family who had nowhere to go? Even so, Mary bore a son who was in fact God’s son.
Here was how these family photo Christmas tree ornaments were made:
- Print photos. I had the photos printed in 2R size so I got two photos for each print.
- Cut construction paper or craft paper according to the photo’s size. Leave plenty of room for the designs.
- Design these using whatever that catches your fancy. I used the personalized Christmas gift tags‘ leftover scrapbook embellishments.
- Punch a hole on the paper where you want depending on how you want to hang it, once designing is finished.
- Thread a hanging thread through the hole and tie securely.
Hang these up the tree and voila! Enjoy your ornaments 🙂