Based on my observation, there are some people who usually do not look highly on people who own and run a “small business”. Those who usually do are the ones who go to a fancy office wearing fancy clothes and getting their salaries via the ATM. On the other hand, they grapple with traffic on the road, face-off at the MRT/LRT during rush hours and constantly tugging between having to buy that new pair of fashionable shoes versus just paying the latest credit card bill first.
Those with small businesses however, are not any different from the corporate slaves. They too have their shares of struggles: too little time to do other matters because all the time available is spent tending the small business and making it big later on, headache-inducing tasks of balancing business-related matters, and a host of others things that may curb the enthusiasm to continue what is being done and just give everything up.
Here are a few small business ideas that can mean a good ROI if handled properly, meaning using the right approach, the proper timing, the proper venue and the right attitude:
- meat processing like tocino, longganisa, relleno, products but make sure that you passed the proper health inspection licenses
- carinderia or food delivery for offices if you love cooking
- massage and nail spa places
- specialized stationery and other paper-related crafts
- sewing special request clothes, especially in the time where cosplay is “in”
- souvenir thingamajigs
- flower arrangements
- party needs
There are a lot more small business ideas out there, just be sure you attend the proper training, get the proper licenses and certificates and put your heart in what you want to accomplish and you are good to start.